NO US-ISRAEL WAR AGAINST IRAN
US Totally Out of Iraq, Afghanistan
END AID TO ISRAEL and ISRAELI PREMPTIVE WARS
WORK FOR A NUCLEAR FREE MIDEAST, INCLUDING ISRAEL
STOP WAR VS. IRAN
MAKE SURE OBAMA CONTINUES TO RESIST THE NEOCON/ISRAEL LOBBY PUSH
FOR A CATASTROPHIC WAR AGAINST IRAN
For decades the United States has wanted to control Arab and Muslim oil and make big profits for military and other well-connected contractors. Israel and its powerful American lobbies and leaders want to crush any potential challenge to Israel’s possession of stolen Palestinian lands. Tens of millions of American Christian Zionists support Israeli expansionism because they believe it will bring Armageddon and the return of Jesus. See background information on Iran, and Iran policies and on War Lobbies.
All want to maintain a U.S.-Israel monopoly on nuclear weapons in the Middle East. There is ample evidence that to maintain this monopoly, the U.S. and Israel have discussed and even planned a dangerous war against Iran because of their suspicions its creation of a civilian nuclear program is just a cover for a nuclear weapons program. See maps. This despite the fact that Iran allows U.N. nuclear inspectors into its facilities, as opposed to Israel which refuses to admit it has hundreds of nuclear weapons and has made subtle threats to use them many times. The U.S. fears any indigenous threat to its military dominance of the Middle East. Israel fears that if Iran obtained nuclear weapons it could undercut U.S. support for Israel's illegal occupation of lands confiscated from Palestinians since 1948.
President George W. Bush labeled Iran part of the "Axis of Evil" and made many aggressive statements against Iran. See overview of 2001-2050 pro-Iran war policies and anti-war views However, he resisted pressure to attack Iran, probably because the Iraq war was criticized as being based on lies and had such disasterous consequences.
U.S. President Barack Obama said during his inauguration speech that he wanted to repair relationships with Muslims (and assumedly Arabs) world wide. At that time this page asked if Obama would be "one more U.S. president badgered into submission by the pro-Israel lobby?"
It only took a few months to find out. Israeli leader "Bibi" Netanyahu and the Israel Lobby and its many many representatives in Congress quickly squashed Obama's aspirations! Obama's negotiation efforts have halted and now he pushes for punitive sanctions on Iran and threatens military action against Iran, despite no proof it is developing nuclear weapons. He denies being involved in covert assassinations against Iranians, but has not denounced these which are carried out by Israel's Mossad and/or an Iranian cult and terrorist group supported by neoconservatives.
So far Obama has resisted neoconservative and Israeli demands the United States attack Iran. However, it is assumed that if Israel initiates a war on Iran, the United States will be drawn into it. Note that the United States has NO formal treaty with Israel and most Americans oppose such an attack. Republican candidates for their 2012 presidential nomination are ready to go to war now!
Current U.S. military policy clearly states that the U.S. will use nuclear weapons against Iran, either to destroy deep buried nuclear targets or in retaliation against Iranian counter-attacks.
A war against Iran could be catastrophic - See IRAN WAR SCENARIOS
* If the U.S. does NOT use nuclear weapons in a first strike to take out nuclear facilities, it will do so in a retaliatory strike.
* Iran is only a few hundred miles from Russia. Will Russian military leaders panic at electro-magnetic pulse effects and radiation blowing their way?
* Iranian officials have made credible threats to retaliate with accurate, long range, high explosive missiles against Israel’s nuclear plant and cities, U.S. bases, troops and ships in the Middle East.
* Iran could cut off much of the world’s oil which comes through the Straight of Hormuz. Feared or actual Iranian attacks on oil facilities and any ongoing battles would drive the price of oil sky-high, devastating the world economy.
* Russia and China could retaliate by dumping the U.S. dollar for trade purposes, forcing up interest rates and prices of imported and even domestic goods; if the housing bubble burst most Americans would be impoverished.
* Russia and China have made new nuclear, trade and political alliances with Iran which ups the ante of any conflict, even if it does not go nuclear in the first few days.
* Outraged Pakistani radicals could take over its nuclear weapons and bomb Israel, unleashing Israel’s infamous “Samson Option” (as described in Seymour Hersh's book of the same name) of nuclear attacks against Arab and even European and Russian cities. When Israel nukes Moscow, Moscow nukes America. Israel's nuclear blackmail of America must be stopped.
SUPPORT THIS SITE & GET THE WORD OUT!
FOR STICKERS, T-SHIRTS, CUPS,
CAPS, BAGS, ETC. SEE CAFEPRESS.COM/DONTBOMBIRAN
Carlos Latuff Cartoon Created at the Request of
This Website - Creative Commons License
September 15, 2007 protest
January 27, 2007 UFPJ Mass Rally
August 12, 2006 Protest vs. Israel's Attack on Lebanon
May 28, 2005 Counter-protest to Richard Perle and
Neocon Sponsored Rally
|MORE PROTEST PHOTOS & VIDEO
March 12, 2007 AIPAC Conference protest photo
November 8, 2006 No War on Iran Rally At White House
with Cindy Sheehan and Friends (see video)
August 2006 Code Pink Protest
May 23, 2005 AIPAC conference protest
GROUPS and SITES OPPOSED TO
WAR AGAINST IRAN
* ANSWER COALITON
* Campaign Against Sanctions and
Military Intervention in Iran (CASMII)
* Code Pink
*Council for the National Interest
* Hands Off the People of Iran
* Libertarians for Peace
* National Iranian American Council
* Physicians for Social Responsibility
* Union of Concerned Scientists, USA
* Women for Peace and Justice in Iran
* World Can't Wait/Iran
LEST WE FORGET
Photos compare massive Israeli damage in Gaza 2008-2009 to minor damage from Hamas rockets in Israel.